By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg varsity girls' basketball team will host Hoosier Crossroads Conference foe Hamilton Southeastern at the Varsity Fieldhouse on November 26th. The Junior-varsity matchup will tip off at 6 p.m. with varsity to follow.
Fans are encouraged to wear white to help "white out" the Varsity Fieldhouse. Brownsburg students will receive a free t-shirt and free admission to the game.
The Bulldogs come into the season with a 6-1 record
- Brownsburg is coming off a 2-0 week after wins over Mooresville and Noblesville last week
- The Bulldogs are ranked 8th in this week's ICGSA Class 4A and IBCA Girls Basketball Weekly Top 20 polls
- Brownsburg is rated as the No. 8 team in the state of Indiana by Jeff Sagarin's Indiana High School Girls Basketball Ratings; their strength of schedule is dubbed as the 11th toughest in the state by the Sagarin Ratings
- Kailyn Terrell hit four three-pointers in the fourth quarter of Brownsburg's win over Noblesville last Friday; the freshman set her career/season high of 15 points against the Millers.
- Terrell's nine three pointers this season ranks second among all freshmen in the HCC
- Ally Becki and Allison Bosse both rank in the top five in the HCC in 3-point field goals made this season
- Becki has grabbed more offensive rebounds than any guard in the HCC; She has a total of 18 offensive rebounds through the first seven games of the season
About the Royals
Hamilton Southeastern comes into the matchup with a 5-1 record. They are ranked 7th in the ICGSA Class 4A and the IBCA Girls Basketball Weekly Top 20 polls. The Royals are also rated No. 7 in the Sagarin Ratings.
HSE is coming off a 57-40 win over Fort Wayne Carroll on November 23.
HSE is led by Indiana Miss Basketball candidate Sydney Parrish who is averaging 25.8 points per game this season. The 6-foot-1 senior has scored at least 23 points in all but one of the Royals' games this year.
Jackie Malucci (15.0 ppg) is also a big scoring threat for the Royals. Malucci scored 27 points in HSE's 73-22 win over Valparaiso on November 16.
Coming into the game, HSE has scored the most points of any HCC team this season. They are averaging 55.0 points per game which ranks second in the conference.
HSE is coming off a 27-1 campaign last year that saw the Royals win the school's first-ever IHSAA Girls' Basketball State Championship.
Since 2000, HSE holds a 16-3 advantage in the series with Brownsburg.
HSE won last year's matchup between the schools by a score of 55-41.
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay posted to brownsburgbulldogs.com for updates and information from all 21 Brownsburg High School athletic programs.