By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg Girls' basketball team will open their 2019-2020 season at home against Hamilton Heights on November 6th.
The junior varsity game will tip off at 6 p.m. with varsity to follow
- Brownsburg posted a 20-4 record last season; the Bulldogs are coming off a scrimmage against Martinsville last week
- The Bulldogs are ranked in the top-ten in both the IBCA and the ICGSA polls for this week; they come in at No. 8 in both polls
- Brownsburg finished last season rated as the No. 7 team in the state of Indiana by Jeff Sagarin's Indiana high school girls basketball ratings
- Since 2010 Brownsburg has won all but one of their season openers; the Bulldogs have an 8-1 record in season openers over that stretch
- Ally Becki led Brownsburg in steals, rebounds and assists last season; Becki was also second on the team in scoring
- Brownsburg's defense allowed an average of just 46 points per game last year; the Bulldogs allowed the fewest amount of points in conference play of any HCC team
- Allison Bosse averaged the second-most three-point attempts per game in the HCC last season yet had the conference's best shooting percentage (41%) from behind the arc
About the Huskies
Hamilton Heights posted a 14-11 record last season. They advanced to the IHSAA Class 3A Sectional 24 championship for the third straight season but fell to New Castle.
Hamilton Heights returns four of their top five scorers from a season ago.
Bayleigh Runner was the Huskies' leading scorer last season and she returns for her senior campaign. Runner averaged 15.7 points, 3.2 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game last season.
Runner scored in double figures in all but two games last year for Hamilton Heights.
Jillian Oswald (7.2 ppg) and Payton Dissett (4.8 ppg) round out the leading returners for Hamilton Heights.
Brownsburg has played Hamilton Heights just three times over the last fifteen years. The Bulldogs own a 3-0 advantage in those games.
Last season, Allison Bosse scored 14 points to lead Brownsburg to a 60-35 road victory over Hamilton Heights.
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay posted to brownsburgathletics.com for updates and information from the matchup.