By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg varsity Boys' cross country team finished 2nd at the Hooiser Crossroads Conference Cross Country Championships on September 28th. Alex Freeman represented the Bulldogs as he posted a top-five finish in the individual times.
The result was the Bulldogs' first 3rd place finish at HCC since 2005. It was their second highest finish ever at the meet.
Freeman and Trevor Nolan led the Bulldogs with top-ten finishes in the individual times. Brownsburg was one of just two schools to put a pair of runners in the top-ten.
Freeman and Nolan were honored with an All-HCC selection after the meet.
Noblesville came away with the HCC championship on the team side. Jesus Garcia of Zionsville claimed the boys individual title.
Hoosier Crossroads Conference Cross Country Championships: Boys' Race | Results
2. Brownsburg- 72 points
2. Alexander Freeman- 15:29.23 (PR)
10. Trevor Nolan- 16:00.75 (PR)
16. Jacob Kodrick- 16:10.68
20. Panin Skiles- 16:20.14 (PR)
24. Kole Kelley- 16:30.39 (PR)
52. Adin Rademacher- 17:05.19 (PR)
64. Brett Heckman- 17:17.96 (PR)
71. Josh Hamilton- 17:30.43 (PR)
72. Mael Brouwer- 17:30.48 (PR)
89. Patrick Voglewede- 18:16.72
90. Andrew Moodie- 18:19.37
91. Caedmon Oliger- 18:19.68 (PR)
The Bulldogs travel to Terre Haute South where they will compete at the Lavern Gibson Cross Country Site. The site is the host for the IHSAA State Finals.